Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Horsehead Region

BlueAstra

I still find it amazing the detail that can be captured with an unmodified DSLR. :D

When enlarged the horses head shows very clearly and in some detail. The background looks a bit 'bubbly',possible too much blurring but smooth this and reduce saturation,slap on a few Photo Filters and the clarity is much improved.

Perhaps a crop and enlargement will suit?

post-13495-133877507233_thumb.jpg

Nicely framed and a big FOV can really suit this target. You've got the hh showing nice and clearly. Looks like you've sharpened and produced some halos then done some heavy blurring which makes the whole thing look a bit plasticky. I think it would look better with a bit less processing

The key is not to squeeze the data beyond where it wants to go. 36 minutes isn't going to give you a lot to play with. Try a gentle stretch of the histogram until the noise just starts to appear. Smoothing and sharpening really need high signal to noise ratio to do their work otherwise the tools churn out too many artefacts.

The composition, focus and tracking all look good and I'm sure a simple stretch will leave you with a very decent "natural" looking image

Archived