Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

advice on 1st quality eyepiece please

I've been a skyliner 200p owner for nearly a week and i'm after advice about which eyepiece to purchase.

At the moment i only have the standard skywatcher 10mm and 25mm ep's

Currently i'm only looking at the moon, jupiter and saturn and general star hopping.

I'm not really sure what i'm after but i've got an idea that a good 6mm is what i'm after.

I'm in an excellent area which has very little light pollution.

Please advise about ep's and maybe a barlow, budget is about £50 but could stretch a little bit.

Thanks

The TMB / TS Planetaries are probably the best you can get for £50.

An alternative would be to look out for a used 6mm orthoscopic which can be had for well under £50. Their field of view is smaller than the TMB / TS Planetaries and their eye relief tighter but the views are excelllent for the £'s spent.

Eyepiece like TMB or clones, that is copies by other manufactures are very good as they have good eye relief say compared to standard 6mm plossl and for the money they are good quality. You could look at used eyepieces that members here sell under the for sale section or purchase from sky's the limit which is very good and sell for about £40.

regards, andrew

Archived