Problem with collimation - Secondary stuck

The secondary mirror already appears to be fine. The spider veins needed adjusting a bit, but looking through the cheshire now, it appears to be central to the focuser already.

Since it's my first time, I thought I'll move it a bit anyway just so I can get a feel for how to adjust it. The central screw wont actually turn though. felt like if I put any more force in to it, it would damage the spider veins. Anyone had a problem like this before? It's a brand new SW 250px.

Hello smulx. You need to release the pressure on the three collimating screws surrounding the central screw before this one can be loosened. In general, this central screw is left alone, the movement of the secondary is controlled by the other three screws.

whoa, that's a lot of replies. Thanks, I needed to release the little ones first. No mention of that in the manual, that's what confused me. I wish I'd just left it along now, it's too hard haha :'( following astrobabys guide, but struggling

Archived