CABLE HELP

Now i have my goto (which has the latest upgrade) i still have no way of conecting to a pc, i have no serial port, but i understand you can buy a usb connector for it, looked on maplins web site and came across this, just what to make sure its the correct one.

cheers guys

USB to Serial 9Pin Male Adaptor : USB Adaptors : Maplin

what Tony says is correct, some adapters will work fine while others will not control the mount, i was lucky and bought from a pc wholesale shop for a few pounds and it worked great, if you do buy from maplins or elsewhere make sure you can get your money back if it doesn`t work

Astronomiser do camera mods and supply "tested" cables i.e. cables that have been tried with their mods. So usb to serial adaptors, and active usb leads. etc are guaranteed to work with their mods.

They also make up leads for serial to parallel conversion and telescope control. Buy anything else and, though it may be a few quid cheaper, you might be disappointed. :)

Archived