Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Stupid accident but good rewards

garethmob

Well..... I was driving back from my frat time at usk Astro society and for some strange reason y cars fuel gauge went from quarter to 0 and just died. Well while I was getting rescued (just before coldra rounderbout from Raglan/ midlands) grabbed my celestrion skymaster binos out and saw jupitor amazing could see moons too :) also saw a really nice star cluster not sure which one didn't have compas on me. But isn't it funny how the best times for looking are the least appropriate.

:D

I find the Pleiades look far better in the binos than through my 'scope...

Although saying that my lowest EP is 25mm so maybe i need a 32....

Pleiades through 38mm panaview = stunning, it made me ask a while ago whether or not I could get a 40 / 45 EP onto my scope (wanting to see how far I could push it LOL) - diminishing returns so probably not worth it. :)

But yes, the Pleiades are something else, just for the sense of depth and the colours alone the 38mm was worth it! :)

They're definitely regulars on my schedules.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry, my post is late but I thought I'd share:- just noticed thread.

I once snapped the petrol cap key off in the fuel cap of a talbot horizon (about 1988) - went driving around to find a garage prepared to help. One did by knocking the cap off with a hammer and replacing with a plastic temporary cap.

Case of rather him than me with that hammer! I'd have done it myself with a screwdriver if it had been a diesel. this was petrol in summer. Kaboom!

And I've left a minibus diesel cap on top of the pump - on the way to Scotland from London...

Our (Diesel) truck has a tendancy to lock itself which I try to be aware of and not leave the keys inside...

Maybe I should keep at least a pair of cheap bins in the truck.

Archived