NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I'm in the dark

vulcan

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Vulcan, Just to let you know there are two clubs nearby - the Weymouth Astronomy Club and the Wessex Astonomy Society (Swanage and Wimborne). I haven't had any dealings with them yet - I haven't got my first scope yet and an observation evening was planned for tonight (the 11th) which I wanted to attend but as you know it's raining outside...best of luck with that new scope!

Hi Vulcan

Welcome to SGL. I also have a Nexstar 6SE. It's a very nice scope. A 10mm eyepiece would show a very nice view of Jupiter, but I think it's near the limit of that scope. Uranus is another good target, it won't be much more than a nice blue dot, but it's well worth a look.

Actually you'd be surprise what can be seen in London. I once saw the Owl nebular in South Kensington with an LX10, just across the street from the Albert Hall. I was with a very skilled astronomer, and I doubt I will be able to find it on my own. Still it showed me what is possible even in heavily polluted city sky.

Keith

Archived