Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M42 & M43

Venus_is_my_friend

Beautiful, I have just started up again did my first ever image the other day, but after seeing lots of drawings on this forum I want to do some too.

Once again beautiful, must actually get round too seeing it through my scope ..clouds not been on my good side since :eek:

That's beautiful.

I find M42 quite a challenge to draw because there is just so much there to get on the page, and you have done it extremely well.

Out of interest can you see colour in the nebula, or does that represent areas which were brighter in different filters?

Excellent stuff. I sketched it for the first time last season and I plan to go back again this year.

I find M42 quite a challenge to draw because there is just so much there to get on the page,

I totally agree Chris, but that's part of the fun.

Thank you very much everybody.

I created this by sketching it in pencil at the scope, making notes of any additional info needed later on.

Then I finished the final piece by using a NASA photograph for colour reference and accurate star positioning. As I rule I don't draw anything I didn't see, hence the lack of stars that are actually there, as ai never saw them.

I fully intend to complete my sketches of Jupiter, Uranus and the Moon, along with other clusters, galaxies and nebulaes. But I work away and won't get a chance until after the 20th. So bare with me and I will update more in future.

Thanks again to all!

Archived