Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skymaster Skymax 127SP ???

Just been doing a quick eBay search and came across this - Skymaster Skymax 127 AUTO Telescope on eBay (end time 07-Nov-10 13:56:51 GMT)

If you look at the 3rd picture you'll see the box the 'scope comes in and on it it says 'MAK 127SP'. What I want to know is, what does the SP stand for? I've not seen this before on the Skymax 127. I've done a Google search but not come up with anything? Also, I didn't know the Skymax was called 'Skymaster Skymax'?

Just curious.

Thanks!

PS: Anyone know where I can get a carry bag the same as the one in the photos. I'd love one for my Skymax 127 :eek:

Interesting! I wonder what the difference is?

I'm not going to bid on it as I already own one. I just came across it and wondered what the SP was all about.

Good luck if you decide to bid, milkyjoe. It's a bargain atm. The MAK 127's have been going at very good prices on eBay recently, especially the GOTO's.

AFAIK the 127 isn't available as a Signature Series. The link posted by Milkyjoe is for the 150, not the 127. I'm perplexed as to why the box says "SP". However the box also has an image of a blue, not a black diamond, model Mak. So I suspect that the box isn't the matching box for this particular OTA.

Incidentally if anyone's after a Mak 127 on an AZ GOTO, I've got one going for a good price including a brand new mount head delivered from the OV factory just today. I expect there's no better deal for a Mak 127 than this: http://stargazerslounge.com/sale/114653-fs-skywatcher-mak-127-synscan-goto-black-diamond-edition-only-7-weeks-old.html

Hi Milkyjoe,

I intended no offence and the reference was useful. I didn't realise that the "SP" moniker denoted what I had thought were the PRO models.

The PRO models are available from FLO here (The 150mm and 180mm are 'PRO' and there is no 'standard' version of these):

150 PRO £455: Pro Series - Skywatcher Skymax 150 PRO

180 PRO £659: Pro Series - Skywatcher Skymax 180 PRO

But the box shows a blue Mak. And back then the "PRO" models shown above were painted in gold livery, so it can't strictly be that "PRO" = "SP". But that box doesn't match that scope whichever way it's cut.

Also for the info of the thread - my Mak 127 has a "Made with Schott glass" logo on it but isn't (to my knowledge) an "SP" model. I also didn't get a box like that one, it just came packaged in plain cardboard.

Thanks for the input folks.

Hey, does anyone know where I can get that SW 'Travelmax' carry bag from? Otherwise I think I'll email SW and see if I can buy directly from them.

Cheers!

I bought one from S&S, good piece of kit for the money. It is designed for EP's etc, but the foam can be easily cut to accommodate the OTA if you so wish...

Sky Watcher Sky Watcher - Eyepiece and Equipment Soft case

Archived