Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Astro comedy???????????

Jamie

This might be worth a look.

22:00 Tues 11th

BBC2

Supernova

Comedy series about a disillusioned astronomer who is swept from his boring life in London to the Royal Australian Observatory in the middle of the Outback. Here, a day at the office means probing black holes, being mauled by dingoes, getting death threats from a homicidal astronaut and being rescued from the desert by Aborigines

Starring: Rob Brydon, Kat Stewart, Kris McQuade, Peter Kowitz, Tim Draxl, Hollie Andrew

Duration: 30mins

I hope they portray the astronomer better than they do photographers. Whenever you see a photographer on screen he is either camp, arrogant (press) or a 'lick your lips luv' weirdo.

And the problem is? lol only kidding Steve yes i know what you mean! :) :)

James :)

Whats the betting they portray him as a nerdy social-misfit. 

After all, we live in a society where it is more acceptable to dress in a shirt that advertises a moblile phone company, drink lager and cheer/jeer at a bunch of footballers than to study the sky above us and our place in the universe. 

Steve :)

Thought it a bit odd that someone of that so called experience in astronomy wouldn't know not to touch a lens never mind clean it with what he thought was toilet cleaner.

But in saying that he does remind me of a couple of guys at my astro society.

Will watch it again just in case it gets better.

Was in any good? I was out playing (and losing) in the local Pool league!

I agree with Damien, lets not get too precious about the hobby and start sending letters to the Daily Mail about the inaccuracies! IMHO it just enforces the stereotype of an astronomer as a humourless nerd!! :)

Now don't all you lot start writing into points of view about all the factual inaccuracies.

"Dear Ann,

I was disgusted and appalled with tonight's episode of Supernova. What sort of example are we showing to our budding young astronomers.....I mean cleaning a lens with toilet cleaner.....he might as well have [removed word] on it and then stabbed himself in the eyes."

Yours fuming

A. Git

Classic Damien well done.

Now if you only had the bottle to actually send it in...........?

Archived