Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Lights for 10" SW Skyliner

AndyC

First few viewings only about 3hrs through my new - second-hand Dob, thanks Wulfrunian !,

even limited to early evenings with a fair bit of local LP and the moon I have to say I'm impressed.

Using the small finder from my ST102 and only really the TV32mm Plossl to locate and 10mm Radians to zoom in.

Ring Nebula: clearly visible with the 32mm, great in the 10mm a bit enhanced with a UHC

but now apparently a much finer ring than when viewed in the other scopes.

Dumbell Nebula: the same again and managed to pick out the clearly brighter arcs of the out side and edges.

M13: only ever seen this as a fuzzy glowing ball, now resolving into a fair few stars and a granular looking core when using the 10mm.

M92: Never seen before, never tried ... lesser than M13 about half the size but still seeing a granular looking core and stars resolved.

Next Evening I think had poorer seeing as well

M56: Much trickier to see in the 32mm but better in the 10mm again a granular appearance and very few resolvable stars.

M71: Not so sure if I could make much out in the 32mm but more stars and much more of a glow in the 10mm,

not sure if the brighter ones were part of the cluster or not.

Still trying to get the hang of moving the tube without going too far too quickly getting easier though.

So I'm really starting to see things with it, much more like I want to see them. Hadn't really thought that

much about what I could really see in the Dob before, but had decided on the 10" SW for budget, size,

manageability (its even a touch smaller than I thought... could I have gone for a 12" or maybe a 14"

no no no Andy don't go there) this one came along just in time:D

Well Pleased :):):(

• 4 weeks later...

Archived