Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Using a Modified Toucam

I have been using an unmodified Toucam Pro 11 ,and Registax to make images of the moon,They are not Great but getting better, I am toying with the idea of a modified Toucam for some of the fainter fella's can anybody give me quick run down on the "second" cable i.e. the one that plugs into the printer port, what program, or part of the system actuallycontrols the exposure length?many thanks

The second cable attaches to a parallel port so you need to make sure your computer has one of these. I think you may be able to get adaptors if not but not sure about this. K3CCD tools is excellent and free software for controlling the camera.

For infomation: Have talked with Steve Chambers and you cannot use his "Desire" with serial conrol cameras.

Andy Ellis (Astromiser ,who is doing the mod SC1) recommends K3CCD , and yes, I will need a Parallel converter because my laptop has only USB ports, now I have to learn about K3CCD, so any hints, tips, or profound wisdom, ( I would settle for less than Profound) would be welcomed.

Archived