Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter from the 11th

legion48

The last few nights have been clear but despite spending quite a bit of time on Jupiter I hadn't got anything worthwhile.

Last night, early cloud cleared at 21:00 and seeing as the GRS would be on show, I started setting up at 21:15. By 21:45

I had 3 two minute avi's and it was solid cloud! Imagine my surprise at how well one of these came out (apart from

the colour, can't seem to get it right lately.) :D

jup-111010.jpg

I've just been looking through your site and I'm really impressed with your images. It's interesting to see your planet images evolve as you've gained experience and bought new equipment over the last few years. Your collection of DSO images taken with a webcam are also very impressive.. I didn't know such images were possible with a webcam.

Nice to see Mercury and Neptune imaged too. Though you're missing Uranus! This is pretty close to Jupiter right now so you should bag it for your collection.

I also see you have indeed has issues with your DMK camera.. a different colour cast on each of your last Jupiter shots :-)

Very nice apart from the yellow hue. The poor transparency we've been having this last few days does make the image yellower than usual though pulling up the gain in the blue channel image (if using colour seperation filters) is a help ... I find with Jupiter that the usual "auto hue correction" in many photo editing packages works well on the final RGB image, there's no reason why it wouldn't if using a one-shot colour camera.

Thanks for the kind comments everyone. :)

Thank you Clayton for the colour reprocess, that's a great improvement. :D

James, I used the 8inch newt with a x4 Powermate barlow.

Bus_ter, you're quite right, I really should try and image Uranus. The trouble is that I find it very difficult to drag myself away from Jupiter!

Archived