Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sadr region - 25/09/10

gary1968

Sadr region in Cygnus. Taken with my Orion F4 8" Newt, unmodded 1000d & CLS clip. Guided with HEQ5 Pro, ZS66, Meade DSI Pro & PHD.

This is the 1st time I have attempted this area of the sky and was not sure how much would be visible considering the camera aint modded.

I have attached 2 versions as I am not sure which I like best... :icon_salut:

Anyhoo, C&C welcome as usual folks..... :(

Gary

post-13351-133877486943_thumb.jpg

post-13351-133877486954_thumb.jpg

Nah, it's not going to come together in time mate so I'm just bringing the two fracs to Kielder :( I could bodge an old focuser onto it but I'd rather not drill any more holes in it and have decided to wait.

If I get my act together over the next couple of nights the MkII camera cooler should be ready though :icon_salut:

On the plus side there'll be loads more room in the car for beer.

See you there,

Ian

Thanks Sly... and yeah, I agree it does pile the red through now. What do you mean now I hear you say, Blinky taught me about 'custom white balance'.

The camera showed very little red due to the CLS clip filter I use, images had next to no red showing up even in the histogram. So, thanks again Craig.....

Gaz

If the filter is to come Ian I will be getting in touch with Andy Ellis, I aint ballsy enough to go rippin me camera apart. And besides, I have bought some lenses for it now so will be using it for everyday photography as well. I might however try to pick up a modded 1000d....... or summit

Gaz

Archived