Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Disabled noob needing collimation help ! - Preston, Lancs

Hi all,

I'm having bit of a mare trying to collimate my 6" SW Skyliner dob, firstly I should point out that I'm a total noob; secondly I'm disabled with limited mobility of my right arm (yep I'm also right handed which doesn't help)- Both are conspiring against me in trying to get my scope collimated 100%. In fact I'm pulling my hair out in total fraustration.

Does anyone live near to me at Preston, who would be kind enough to show me the finer points of collimating a scope and give me a hand to sort the issue out?

There's a drink or two in it for any kind soul prepared to spare me an hour of there time (A bottle of Scotch or similar).

Hi Mick,

I guess the crux of the issue is that I'm find it really hard to do with one useful arm, I'm struggling in aligning my primary mirror. Also I reckon my spider is off centre - The whole process is daunting and is being made more difficult due to my disability.

I guess if you tie one of your arms behind your back and try it for yourself you'll understand my problem - LOL.

That's the beauty of SGL - always someone willing to help out. Shame I don't live nearer or I'd come and help, but Surrey to Lancs is a bit far!

I'm sure the kind volunteers will hve you sorted in no time though.

All the best and welcome to SGL!

Archived