Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

List of things to buy

@LongJohn - that mains inverter is a nice addition.

Re: the other stuff..

Batteries. The Celestron Power tank is 7ah - the Maplin ones mentioned are 17ah. I find a fully charged one craps out on the second night of observing. Worth bearing in mind when you want to start running dew heaters / hairdryer / slewing a lot, in the future.

The Revelation Eyepieces are brilliant. I'm actually selling some of the eyepieces from mine (as I'm moving away from observing and into imaging) in the for sale section :)

I've mentioned on one of your other threads that FLO give a 10% SGL discount on that kit, so it's worth considering if you want all the eyepieces & filters. And the case they come in is rather nice too.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks LongJohn and Mike. Hubby was feeling our wallets were getting a hammering at the moment, so we went for the cheaper £19.99 Power Pack from Maplins. It is all charged up and ready to go.

I have received my Revelation EP kit and you are right Mike, the case is lovely. My daughter said, 'Why have you got a spy case?' :) Too much television for her I think! Need to get her out stargazing!

I have been busy admiring the EPs and filters but I can confirm you need a telescope for them to improve your views of the stars!!!;)

I also received my Baader LP filter this morning so: I just need my Telescope!!! Oh and some clear skies but it is tipping it down here at the moment so that seems unlikely!

I have been busy admiring the EPs and filters but I can confirm you need a telescope for them to improve your views of the stars!!!:)

It helps ;)

I also received my Baader LP filter this morning so: I just need my Telescope!!! Oh and some clear skies but it is tipping it down here at the moment so that seems unlikely!

You can use this without a scope. Hold it up to some streetlights :p (works best on those orange ones & "sky glow")

Thanks Bobcat. I have bookmarked that sight it looks very useful. Still tipping it down at the moment here.:)

And the great news is: IT HAS JUST ARRIVED!!! Literally a few minutes ago. About to unpack it now (indoors to avoid the rain!) That's my afternoon sorted. :p;)

I really really hope I get some clear skies soon. I'll post how I get on!

Archived