Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My first proper try at imaging (Jupiter)

Hypernova

A quick shot of Jupiter using the Morgans SPC900 and Skyliner 200p Dob.

500 frames at 10fps and stacked in registax, wavelets also done in registax. I had a hard time keeping the image centred on the chip due to the nudging of the dob.

I had to limit the length due to clouds so this is the best I can do for tonight at least. The alignment point was lost several times during alignment so I had to manually re-align. The image ended up at the right hand side for some reason and I don't know how to resize/crop it.

Any help or suggestions would be helpful, I can upload the avi if anyone wants to have a play around with it.

post-17251-133877482274_thumb.jpg

To help you with planets that wonder about, use AviRaw to convert the .avi into .bmp files and then ninox/ppmcentre to centre and crop the frames so that registax has less work to do. Well done, it's a great first go.

Can you please describe the process please? I have downloaded AviRaw and I don't how to use Ninox.

Reg V 5 will do that ? If this is your 1st attempt at w/cam imaging, without sounding condescending, work on the fundamentals 1st. Reg will do it and there's some good primers on the board. It does take some practice. Ninox? some use it but not many .

Your image shows a lot of promise but.... it won't make you a Pete L overnight :)

Certainly faar better than most people's 1st effort , mine certainly

You can always crop & resize in PS elements if you don't have PS CSx

You can always use "Castrator" Webcam Astrophotography by Emil Kraaikamp - Castrator

I have only used it a couple of times but will continue to do so if I ever get another shot at Jupiter :)

Well it certainly looks like it'd be helpful-just D/loaded it & tried but inspite of following the pretty simple instructions , all I get is a black square that I can vary in size ????:)

I presume I'm s'pposed t' see the avi in the square ?

Running XP Pro SP3

Try PCFE which is a front end for Ninox, download here

Files Library - IceInSpace

You just choose your directory and press a button and it does it all for you.

Tried that too :) none of it makes sense ! I can't see myself converting .ser files to tifs then to bmps then back into regv5.

I think I'll just eat RAM but thanks for trying guys.

I do like that 2nd & third effort H,

try googling " The Imagers Cookbook" for ideas :). Look fwd to more !

Archived