Hi from Cyprus

Geno

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there!

At least you will not have to worry about CY333 (LHR-LCA) departing on-time, which it rarely does. A few weeks ago it was scheduled for 2230 but was delayed until 0100 because the aircraft went 'Tech' or 'late arrival'.

Hi Geno :D,

I see from one of your posts on another thread that you did time at RAF Waddington prior to retiring. What did you do there?

I spent the last 15 years of my RAF career there on the AWACS with 8 and 23 Sqns before retiring almost 3 years ago at 55. No time off for good behaviour for me :eek:

Anyway, you're lucky to be able to live in Cyprus - I spent many a week there when I was on Nimrods back in the '80s and loved the place.

Hi Reb,

I worked in the AWC on the computer support flight for almost 5 years before getting posted to Cyprus. We really liked it there but Cyprus was calling us back.

Luckily my wife got a job in Lady L's cafe (you may have visited it once or twice while over here), and I got a job in Limassol so why move back.

Hi Geno :D,

I see from one of your posts on another thread that you did time at RAF Waddington prior to retiring. What did you do there?

I spent the last 15 years of my RAF career there on the AWACS with 8 and 23 Sqns before retiring almost 3 years ago at 55. No time off for good behaviour for me :eek:

Anyway, you're lucky to be able to live in Cyprus - I spent many a week there when I was on Nimrods back in the '80s and loved the place.

Hi Geno,

With you in the AWC, I dare-say our paths never crossed then. I think I only ever went into that building once while in the RAF for a briefing on 51 Sqn.

Mind you, I spent about 6 weeks in there last year installing the new DII(F) computers etc. What a pain that place is.

Anyway, before I get told off for being off topic, enjoy Cyprus and the night skies - and yes, we enjoyed many a cup of tea and a sticky bun in Lady L's.

All the best.

Archived