NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Meade ETX series - anyone got one?

Are they hugely complicated or something? I ask because there seems to be a lot of books to help you out, many of them look like they are an extended manual or something. Im considering a new telescope at the moment and this is really putting me off one.

If they are as easy to use as Meade let us believe, why the need for so many 3rd party manuals?

Hi ML. They're not quite as easy as Meade make out but after a couple of evenings out, they're pretty simple. Take a look at the video guides on the Meade website which give an overview of the main points, but on the whole, I find mine a great little scope.

Gary

Cool, just weighing up my options really. I was set on one before i got my skywatcher 200 but ended up going for the other obviously!

They are a bit pricey dont you think? Considering the other go to scopes you can get for the money. When i last looked they had little competition but now they dont look as good as the rest imo. Not used an ETX or the competition though so im going off the specs only :)

I had a little ETX 70 for a while a lovely little scope...

I bought the ETX book from Steve to compliment it.

As has been said above.

I'm one of those types that will buy the book after i've watched the DVD....If you see what I mean!

Yep

The ETX 70 is a refractor.

Mine is a good scope. Once you have used it is is not difficult or complex.

I use it as a portable scope and it ok for that but the 70mm aperture is its biggest drawback.

Cheers

Ian

Archived