Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Feel the need to spend a few quid.

I think you might find a Baader OIII a little too "severe" for your scope - they are a particularly narrow band pass OIII and work better with medium to larger aperture scopes IMHO. Before I discovered my current Astronomik OIII, I had an Orion Ultrablock UHC filter which I used with my 4" refractor - that worked pretty well on a wide variety of nebulae. I'vr also tried the less expnsive TS UHC filter (TS = Telescope Services, Germany) and that seemed quite effective for it's cost.

With these filters you need a nice, large exit pupil to push some light through them. That's certainly possible with the Heritage 130p but magnification is low with such a setup and planetary nebula tend to look too small. That's why larger scopes are recommended for the use of filters.

Being the owner of such a filter, I don't think it would work out well with your setup.

Archived