NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

HELP!!!!

yeti monster

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe that this is one of the Discovery split-tube dobs. I took another look at the photos on the listing and you can see the joining rings where the tube comes apart.The tube breaks down into two pieces for transportation. ;)

Could only find a photo of the 17.5" version, but it shows how it breaks down.

John

I shouldn't have followed the link.... you have got to buy that ....

Only 20 miles away you owe it to yourself to pay it a vist... Even if its to give an "eyes on" appriasal for you fellow forum members.... IF YOU DONT BUY IT YOURSELF THAT IS !!!!

Peter... or is it Billy....Anyway no matter as we both reckon you should buy it...

Please, somebody, help me! I keep finding nice things to put in my shed:

Discovery Dobsonian 20 Inch F5 Reflector Telescope on eBay (end time 28-Aug-10 23:07:42 BST)

Less than 20 miles from home, and it'll fit in the back of the Land Rover (just).............

Surely the mirror alone is worth the asking price? Please view it and report back. Pretty please? ;):hello2:

The starting price of a grand is about half what you would have to pay for a new mirror and you'd be lucky at that.

I think the solid tube might have cooldown issues but a truss conversion would be easy. Someone must buy this, really. A 20 inch is incredible fun. M42 looks like the photographs. M13 starry to the core. Stephan's Quintet so bright that you can persuade yourself you've seen it! I did also discern a dark notch in some near invisible nebulosity that I like to think was old Horsey himself...

Olly

The starting price of a grand is about half what you would have to pay for a new mirror and you'd be lucky at that.

I think the solid tube might have cooldown issues but a truss conversion would be easy. Someone must buy this, really. A 20 inch is incredible fun. M42 looks like the photographs. M13 starry to the core. Stephan's Quintet so bright that you can persuade yourself you've seen it! I did also discern a dark notch in some near invisible nebulosity that I like to think was old Horsey himself...

Olly

You've got one then? Brill, can I see some photos?

Archived