SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

DIY PC control for Skywatcher Autofocuser

Glider

• 2 years later...

I have added an Arduino based DC motor controller unit that has same functionality as RigelSys nFocus or JMI MicroMotor HandPad or FCUSB device.

Its at http://sourceforge.net/projects/arduinofocuscontrollerpro/ 

in the files folder DC Focuser L9110S

Full schamatic, code, windows app, layout, parts list, ascom driver etc to be posted.

Cheers

Robert

I have added an Arduino based DC motor controller unit that has same functionality as RigelSys nFocus or JMI MicroMotor HandPad or FCUSB device.

Its at http://sourceforge.net/projects/arduinofocuscontrollerpro/

in the files folder DC Focuser L9110S

Full schamatic, code, windows app, layout, parts list, ascom driver etc to be posted.

Cheers

Robert

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting this, it looks to be just what I want and I have ordered a suitable Nano and the 5:1 NEMA17 motor and DRV8825 board. I intend to make the full version with 16 x 2 LCD and push buttons.

I have downloaded the files I think I need from Sourceforge but I am a bit confused about the details regarding the construction for the full version using the DRV8825 driver. Is there a schematic for this? I can't see one in the Sourceforge file lists?

Also the PDF 'myFOCUSERDRV8825.pdf' refers to the Arduino code being for a mimimal system but the sketch 'Focuserv125_DRV8825_F.ino' seems to have the code for all the bells and whistles, so is this the code I need to use?

Sorry if I'm being dim but I am relly keen to use your design, fits my requirements to a T.

Regards, Hugh 

Hi Hugh

I have uploaded the full schematic and full layout (still need the drv8825 sub-board) to the site under DRV8825 folder.

Yes, the Focuserv125_DRV8825_F.ino supports LCD/push buttons/probe etc

Cheers

Robert

Hi Robert,

Brilliant - many thanks.

I am looking forward to a very focused Christmas!!

Regards, Hugh

• 6 years later...
On 19/08/2010 at 12:46, Glider said:

Out of interest I've had a crack at a PCB.

I've also costed everything up assuming I'm getting 10 off kits of parts at a time from Farnell.

A complete kit looks to be £56.

What ever happened to this project? I'd be interested. I'm looking for a device like this that uses a 9V battery.  My problem, is I purchased the FocusDream focuser to control the SW Autofocuser.... it almost works  -  it integrates we'll with SharpCap but t does not quite have enough power (from the PCs USB) to reliably move the Crawford focuser on my 14" SW Synscan Dobson  (its gets stuck 5 timed out 10). The  original 9V battery hand controller works fine.