SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Jupiter 08/08/2010

mpeniak

Thanks guys, the seeing was better than the last time I tried and Jupiter was higher but still there was quite a lot of turbulence and I was having problems with dew too. Had to use carpet cleanter blower to get rid of it since I did not have anything else, it is always hardcore with me taking images hahaha.

Personally, I am very happy with the nextimage and would compare it to toucam's performance. I am not sure if it is not using the same ccd chip but I could not really relate to negative comments about this camera since I really enjoy using it. Just fiddle a bit with the gain,exposure, gamma and brightness and go :)

What camera would you guys recommend for better planetary results?

Great detail and contrast and mono cameras mentioned above with filters and motorised filter wheel will get you more resolution and sensitivity and frames to stack without compression at higher rates.

John.

Archived