NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Dobsonian 12" F/5

Adrius

Hey all, im from Australia, and i just recently bought a Dobsonian D=304mm , F=1520mm, F/5, and im wanting to Modify it, Most of All im Wanting to Add Wheel's or some Kind of Addition to it To Move it Around Alot Easyer, Anyone Here Done anything Simular to a Dobsonian Mount? im eather thinking maybe Adding Another Base to the Bottom with Wheels or going with 2x hook on Stick Elevation Wheels on Each Side.

Any Ideas?

other modifications to my scope im pretty knowledgefull about, more mechanical when it comes to going to a hardware store is where i usally get stuck, prob gonna end up modding it intense adding camera mount, etc which is usally not normal on a large Dob, might even mod it even more and add computer features to it. personally thats what i love about big newtonian dobs, its fun as hell to mod the hell out of them. and you get some great satisfaction out of it, lot harder then modding an equatorial, but the harder, the more satisfaction i say.

Thanks for the recomendation, Daz. 8) I think I'm on my 12th scope or so.

Anyway, a friend of mine actually came up with a neat idea for his 16" F/4.5. He mounted 2 wheels at one end of a couple 2x4's. The other end he fashioned into handles. He notched them along one edge to accomodate two L-shaped "handles" facing down on either side of his rocker box. The whole thing turns his entire scope into a kind of wheelbarrow. Place the handles under the rocker box, lift, and off he goes!

yar was eather thinking of going with the crappy board + wheels or 2x wheelstick wheelbarrel technique, these are both pretty common though, was thinkin him maybe wanna try something differ, but probly end up going with these

Archived