Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Clear night with binoculars

Stu

Down near swanage camping, fabulous clear night last night. Just used my canon bins but clearly saw M81, M82 and M51. Not much detail me course but showed how dark it was. Milky Way incredible

Ive just got myself a pair of binos, and of course went out last night, but only managed a few doubles and a small cluster, i did try and find M51,81-82 but failed. Could you describe what i should be expecting to see (the Binos are 15x70's)

Thanks a lot

Eddy

i can mainly just see fuzzy shapes, brighter in the centre which match the outlines in photos. M82 showed hints of detail, M51 just two bright fuzzies touching each other. The Canon stabilizing certainly helps

i find them very good. You still need to hold them as steady as possible but the stabilizing gets rid of all the high frequency wobbles and shakes and makes things much clearer

Archived