Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

10 " F4.8 black tube Orion Optics Newtonian focal length

hi all

i have recently bought a 10" F4.8 black tube Orion Optics Newtonian ota has anybody got any idea what the focal length will be :mad: or how i can measure it :eek:

thanks pete

I have a white tube Orion Optics 10" F/4.8 newtonian so if you have any questions on other dimensions I can probably help :D

Mine is the Europa Deluxe model.

I have a white tube Orion Optics 10" F/4.8 newtonian so if you have any questions on other dimensions I can probably help :mad:

Mine is the Europa Deluxe model.

i have not used it in anger yet with the light nights ect...have you had yours long?

if so what are the views like i suppose top mag is going to be x250-300 on a good night.

i am hoping to do some short exposure pics during the winter

pete

...have you had yours long?

if so what are the views like i suppose top mag is going to be x250-300 on a good night...

I've had mine about 6 months now. It seems to perform pretty well once you have it accurately collimated. I had a 12" Meade Lightbridge before it but I don't notice the drop in aperture much - I think the Hilux coatings and the 1/6th wave PV mirror offset the aperture gap a good deal (I suspect the Meade had 1/4 wave optics).

I tend to use my refractors for planetary and double stars so I've not pushed the newtonian to high power much although I don't see any reason why it should not be fine at 300x on a night of good seeing.

I've had some nice views of the Veil Nebula recently with an OIII filter to enhance the contrast and, on dark nights, it seems to do very well on galaxies.

Hope you enjoy yours when you get a chance to use it :mad:

Archived