Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Meade DSI

Hi All,

Have an Early (approx 2005) Meade Dsi camera which i received as part of a big box of bits i bought,am trying to get it to work but cannot install the driver,have installed Autostar suite,plug in the camera,shows up as found new hardware but will not find driver looking on net it seems quite a common problem,i am a using Samsung netbook Dualboot which is running Windows 7/Windows XP Home service pack 3,not trying to use it under Win7 but XP,pointing it to driver which is Dsi.Usb.SYS,but it will still not install (greyed out folder icon even though the driver is in the folder!),have also installed Envisage v7.05,have installed Net Framework etc, have even dragged and dropped driver file into Win sys 32 driver folder but still to avail,any ideas,now losing the will to live! have heard K3CCD Tools works haven't tried it yet,

Regards nibber :eek::icon_eek:;):D

You may need the drivers that are on the original CD. If you dont have that, PM me on monday when i am in the office, and i will see what we can sort out for you.

Btw, the dsi works on win7 32bit, its only 64bit that has issues (and rumour has it that the 64bit drivers are due soon, according to posts on the meade user forums)

You may need the drivers that are on the original CD. If you dont have that, PM me on monday when i am in the office, and i will see what we can sort out for you.

Btw, the dsi works on win7 32bit, its only 64bit that has issues (and rumour has it that the 64bit drivers are due soon, according to posts on the meade user forums)

Alternatiely, have you tried downloading the latest version (V5.5 IIRC) from Meade's website?

When I had an LPi that came with V2, I was reliably informed by BC&F that V5.5 would run it with no problems at all.

Hi there,

Thanks for the replies,I have latest version 5.5 on pc, trawling the net it looks like it installs the driver when the program installs i have both earlier install cd's that came with it ,but if you browse the cd's there is nothing in the drivers folder or the usb folder ,and like i say if you point it to the driver folder it is greyed out so its as though the pc cant see the driver .sys file, even though it is in there, maybe my driver file is corrupt or did not install properly,Steve would you be able to email the driver to me? might try re-install of program ,trawled net for driver only came up with zilch,have tried it on my windows7 lappie with same result! dazed and confused nibber.

Hello Nibber.

K3CCD is best at planetary work....stacking multiple AVI files.

For Deep Sky, Deepskystacker is used by many on the forum, and is free!

Envisage works, but can be a bit fiddly.

Cheers

Rob

I don't think the driver is installed when you install Autostar Suite.

When the programme has installed, connect the camera, then when it has been recognised by windows, allow windows to search forthe driver on the CD. If necessary, point the search to the driver directory on the CD, which contains the DotnetFX.exe file.

Ron.

if i remember correctly, and i`m hopeless with pc`s, when Noel i.e. "glider" installed my dsi camera he had to go through the software and load the drivers to the relevant usb port i was using for the camera, therefore if you want to load it and use it on any usb port you have to go through the process for each of them,

I don't think the driver is installed when you install Autostar Suite.

When the programme has installed, connect the camera, then when it has been recognised by windows, allow windows to search for the driver on the CD. If necessary, point the search to the driver directory on the CD, which contains the DotnetFX.exe file.

Ron.

Hi there ,Windows does not recognise it as a camera only a usb device and also does not find the the driver on the cd 's even if i point it to the driver folder because like i say on the 2 Autostar suite cd's i have there is no driver in the folder on the cd,it cannot open the driver folder on the cd because it is greyed out and unavailable and if you manually explore the cd's driver folder the Dsiusb.sys driver is not there, there is nothing in the folder except the DotnetFX.exe file :eek:

could the camera be faulty?

• 1 month later...

I have a DSI II and have had fun(!) installing the various software components on a laptop running Windows 7 (64bit).

My first problem was finding an RS232 to USB converter which operated under the OS (if anyone needs contact details of a supplier please ask) and once this was sorted I eventually tracked down and installed the latest Autostar (5.9.2). I had difficulties installing the upgrade from their site but eventually it worked and upgraded the firmware on my #497 handbox.

Windows 7 is supposedly now supported under Envisage Version 7.08x and whilst I have it installed with the camera working, I can't get the scope to connect (via the tab next to the Stats tab). I simply receive the following message:

Invalid IP Address

The requested name is valid but no data of the requested type was found.

then on pressing Okay I get:

Connect Error: serverNotFound

The scope is working and tracking under the Autostar GOTO but appears to be missing a connection from within Envisage.

Help anyone?

Thanks in advance.

p.s. Is it just me or are Meade living in the dark ages when it comes to software upgrades. Windows 7 has been available for a year now and in beta a year before that so I'm amazed there are still issues.

Archived