Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Just waiting

TheThing

It was supposed to be clear here, but it's clouding over more and more

Oh well...

* Insert standard moan about the UK weather being rubbish *

...grumble grumble

I've just set up my 10" newt, got it cooled and nicely collimated, observed for about 15 mins and now had to bring it all back inside because the "odd wisp of cloud" quickly turned into the "odd patch of sky" ;)

I guess I will have to revert to my grab and go setup if I'm to get any more observing in tonight :eek:

the "odd wisp of cloud" quickly turned into the "odd patch of sky"

Same here. Last "night" observation session was 40 mins of bright twilight on 19th June ...

Also, the Moon is bright enough to be a nuisance & far too low to observe.

According to the book I got out the library they are Cumulus mediocris (about right!) or cloud streets!

Rest of the sky was pretty clear, just a band of thick cloud going east to west right over the moon. The one item I wanted to image last night!

At last after 4 weeks got out for 20 minutes last night with the new grab and go. Moon was just past full...............low down and very bright used a green filter and had a pleasant end to the evening.

All set up again tonight. Just finished 5 lunar images at 75x for another mosaic.

Going to try 300x again tonight. Small amount of cloud coming the moon right now, but it is drifting east and skies west are beautiful!

Anyone else out now?

I can see the moon right now there is a bit of thin cloud around but the way the weather has been for the last couple of weeks (ill take it) i hope its clear for everyone else so you can get some observing or imaging done :eek:

CLOUDS GO AWAY

Lovely and clear, between some, few and far between, clouds. got some good moon imaging time in (see the Lunar Imaging section). Very pleased with how the night turned out!

A very good nights viewing, clear and a nice mild temp. The moon caused a problem for me but it was behind the houses by 1am. My two targets for the night were Jupiter and Andromeda, used different combinations of eyepieces to check them out, also the webcams and DSLR. No photos to keep just a test run but an enjoyable evening. Was setting the webcam up earlier on the moon and was suprised to see a plane fly across it, took me by suprise ;) , had read a thread a couple of weeks back about this and did not think it would happen to me, but there you are. My setup was perfect, every target I set the GoTo on came up in the FOV, even Andromeda, that DID suprise me :eek: .

Jim

Archived