Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 7331

ncjunk

Really nice. I had a session with this group last night too. Now that Virgo's out of the way, it's nice to have some galaxy fields back again, with distant fuzzies all over the field.

I had a go last week olly, but with the ed80 the quintet appears too small. I did get a bit of detail though.

I am toying with the idea of setting up the cameras on the spx 8" i have just to get the quintet...problem is i am reluctant to touch the setup at the moment as i want to get more subs on the cacoon and 7331.

I will probably change it all over when the pier adaptor is finished at the start of August then try and add a dsi iii to the ed80. So an spx with dsi and art285, with an ed80 and dsi iii (i will only buy one if i can get it cheap)

...i am sure i did the quintet last week but cant find the subs...did i dream it?

Just realised that i could get the quintet in by shifting the image a few arcseconds to the left...i really must plan more. Doing 12 x 600s tonight with the pointing shifted to get everything in.

Just realised that i could get the quintet in by shifting the image a few arcseconds to the left...i really must plan more. Doing 12 x 600s tonight with the pointing shifted to get everything in.

Look forward to seeing the result!

Nice capture Neil ! Which scope + camera you were using for this image, it's not clear for me. I would like to give this a go as well in september when we go for astrocamp in the Provence. Visually I have seen NGC7331 and the quintett as well, with the 16" LB it's not really difficult on a dark location.

Clear skies,

Janos

Archived