Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Just something fun... (Dumbell Nebula)

fatwoul

I wanted to start getting into the routine of imaging DSOs properly, so last night I took a bunch of subs and darks last.

I haven't done anything with them yet, but I was looking through them and found this:

RJM_4160sml.jpg

I thought it was pretty neat that something should happen to pass so close to the object I was imaging during the time I was imaging it.

Nice image, great colours, nice and sharp stars. Take some flats and add them into the stack and that'll take care of the vignetting.

As for the 'thing' streaking through, it happens more than you would expect mate, interesting but annoying at the same time.....#

Gary

Thanks Gary. I omitted flats last night - I'm making something to allow me to do them, and I decided to try a simple stack using subs and darks to begin with.

I'm glad to hear you think my stars are good and sharp - I already love my MN190 for the results its giving me, and I'm using a Bahtinov I got made at work which is proving to work very well.

I was pleased to discover that the alignment wasn't terrible, either. The drift over the half-hour of exposures was very small.

I'm getting better!

Archived