Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I want a good telescope that is not bulky and easy to move around.

Hi all

Can someone tell me a good telescope thats got good viewing and that`s not bulky and can be moved around easily.As i want to get a new one, cause i can`t really use my old one cause it`s in my parents bedroom and my mum goes to bed to early.So that`s why i`m hardly ever on and ain`t seen a star or planet or moon up close for like 5months. :rolleyes:

Willing to spend upto £500 or £600.Maybe more.Please recommend.

Cheers

Moonhunter

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I`m in love :lol:That looks like a beast of a refractor.So would that be good at looking at the planets?Oh and do i need a camera to use for the tripod? :rolleyes: Sorry to sound dumb :D I just ain`t bright and i want to get the right telescope. :D

So would that be good at looking at the planets?

Yes, can use it for planets - you will see Saturn and its rings, several weather bands on Jupiter and some of Jupiters moons. After saying that, there is this longer tube version that would be better suited to planets but it is more bulky and would not be as well suited to wide-field deep sky observing...

image.jpg

Diameter 127mm

Focal length 1200mm

Includes equatorial mount and tripod

8 X 50 finderscope (illuminated)

Eyepieces included 10, 12.5, 25mm 1.25" plossls

Total Weight 21.0KG

PS: Drives are available for both scopes.

What mount are these supplied with Steve? I assume it's a Meade one?

I am not allowed to call it a Meade mount so lets just say it is 'remarkably similar' to the Meade LXD75 mount :rolleyes:

Carl, when you are ready, PM or phone me and we'll talk thru these scopes and some alternatives :D

:rolleyes: Shopped at your shop before.I don`t know if your remember me, or it might have been david that served me.But i brought a 114eg firstscope used one :D. Anyway thanks and i might/should be seeing you soon. lol get me one of those sexy looking telescopes. :D.The best thing is, that is computerized.Ave it!!!!!!!! :D

The LX75 isn't a bad mount

They are remarkeably good for the money (includes a polar scope).

Can you get those 5" short tubes as OTA only Steve?

Not officially...

They were born when Meade bought Bresser.

I first saw them at the SW Astronomy Fair and was really impressed. So were the visitors! I was working on the LCE/BC&F stand; we didn't actually take any boxed ones (it was meant to be a flag-waving exercise and we were short of space) but by the end of the day all the display models had sold and we had pre-orders for more!!!

Carl, take your time, make a shortlist and be sure to ask SGL for advice ... you know the routine :rolleyes:

The planets, the sun, star clusters,nebulae,and moon.

Hi Carl,

I havn't really got a recommendation (yet! :rolleyes:) but if you want a decent planetary/lunar scope that'll also show faint nebulae you need to re-think about how small the scope can be. Theres only so small you can go before the views on these objects (particulary the nebulae) will start to really suffer.

IMHO you need to be looking at a minimum of a 150mm Newt or a 127mm refractor (I'd go for the short version though), I think the views through anything smaller may dissapoint you in the long run on the type of objects you've mentioned.

Gaz

Personally Carl i think that you should hang off a bit and pick the brains of

other SGL members as they/we have a whole range of styles and types of set up's to consider.

Go into the SGL members equipment pics and have a look this might give you a better idea of what you are looking for.

One other thing mate you say that you want to observe "The planets, the sun, star clusters,nebulae,and moon"

No one particular scope will do all these things mate you kind of have to choose from a couple of categories like

The planets/moon/clusters

or solar

or a scope better suited to deep sky

Or the easiest version that cost you nothing mate Take yer scope out of yer mum's room BEFORE she goes to bed.

Personally Carl i think that you should hang off a bit and pick the brains of

other SGL members as they/we have a whole range of styles and types of set up's to consider.

Go into the SGL members equipment pics and have a look this might give you a better idea of what you are looking for.

One other thing mate you say that you want to observe "The planets, the sun, star clusters,nebulae,and moon"

No one particular scope will do all these things mate you kind of have to choose from a couple of categories like

The planets/moon/clusters

or solar

or a scope better suited to deep sky

Or the easiest version that cost you nothing mate Take yer scope out of yer mum's room BEFORE she goes to bed.

:rolleyes: THe SGL talk all technical if you know what i mean.

And to me (i don`t mean to be be rude) but it`s a gibberish.

I mean you lot all unerstand what the other peson on about where i feel stupid cause idon`t know what he/she`s on about. :D Take the mounts for example you lot are all talking about them and i ain`t got a clue. :D To me a mount is just a mount :D

I didn`t mean any offence BTW you are all really good nice people on here.

:D I just wish i could like know what you guys are on about and join in.

When i don`t know what people are on about in astronomy e.g stacks ( photographs) mounts etc.I feel like i ain`t doing astronomy.And i then start to feel stupid.And lazy :lol:Cause i can only post on the usual stuff and just comment.It p***** me off soooooooooooooo much.arghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 :x

Archived