Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Meet Eddie, my new imaging scope

Well yesterday my new toy arrived! I'm very happy indeed, but would be happier if there were some clear skies! But at long last I've got myself a nice ED scope for imaging with. Spent some time last night cleaning him up and sorting out the R&P focuser, and now I'm feeling rather pleased with my rig. Modest by the standards of some around here, but more than enough to keep me entertained for many a happy hour :D

Here he is, sitting magnificently upon my HEQ5, with two 50mm finders. One for actually finding, and the other as a guide scope.

post-16299-133877454347_thumb.jpg

Now all I need to do is break the news to the wife when she gets back from her holiday... Dead man walking, it's been a pleasure :D

I tried that when i got mine Sam- did not go well! when my wife saw the new ed80 cooling down in the back garden, she asked where it came from. 'Thats the one i've had for years' i said. 'No it isnt - it hasnt got that dent from when i dropped it in the garage and didnt tell you!' I dont know which of us was angriest that night!

Now all I need to do is break the news to the wife when she gets back from her holiday... Dead man walking, it's been a pleasure :D

That made me chuckle big time, the ED80 is something I have my eye on for the future too. I just bought some bins I mentioned something about binos for 60 quid and got the "Oh Okay", took it as a green light they arrived yesterday, I am definitely not mentioning just yet that they were 150 quid. :D

I look forward to your first light/image report :)

Last time I bought a scope I went from a 6" eq mounted to a 14" dob. No mistaking the difference there but I kept quiet and it still took a fortnight for her to notice it standing in the corner of the study - God knows how she missed it... it's bigger than her.

We are speaking again now.

I'm thinking that dropping it casually into converstaion at a family gathering this weekend will be the way to go. Apparently her uncle is very interested in hearing about my astrophotography, so that'll be a good way to bring it up. I hope there's less chance of instant disembowelment with lots of poeple around :D

Would I be a bad person if I just didn't tell her? This new one is soooooo like the C102 I already have, I very much doubt she'd notice :) I just need to hide the other one away :D

Just tell her you got a smaller scope so that you'd have some money to spare for some additional bits and pieces. :D

John

Archived