Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

stupid question

The only stupid question is the one that goes unasked.

A bit of Googling reveals that they are all white now, but in the past the "Pro" versions of the EQ6 were white. All the others were black.

The "Pro" has GOTO with the "Synscan" handset, and (allegedly) better quality control, the others (Syntrek?) have a simple controller that just provides slewing and tracking.

You sound a little concerned but I would like the idea of having something a little different from the pack as long as everything else works fine. Cream IS a bit more classy - now if you sprayed your 10" Newtonian the same shade of cream- now that's POSH!!! :D

Get spraying!!!!!

James

I have a HEQ5pro and a new NEQ6pro....

The HEQ5pro is an "Artic white" and the NEQ6pro is a warmer "Off white" - I think it's just the variation in the mix of paint they use in China. BTW the counterweights are a different white colour again!!

Ken

lol its me being sad would look better if all was same shade of white lol so when i get my megrez 120 using my 70mm zenithstar for guiding its gonna look the s**t lol i think it maybe a older version its not smoke i tryed using a high grade solvant to clean it up that did nothing ,though i did see some one had resprayed his ajustment covers and knobs gold looked quite cool though maybe going to far lol

My SW Heritage 130P Dob is black with white/grey signatures all over it (400th anniversay of the telescope)................

In my mind ALL Dobs should be white with maybe a hint of black in places (kinda like the shuttle).

I'm seriously thinking about "Pimping my scope".

I have seen a few EQ6s which have a different tinge to the paint - some are pute white, some off white to a grey color and some off white towards cream.

I prefer my HEQ5 being black myself and wont change to an EQ6 until I cant get one in black :D Oh and I have a few extra thou to spend :D

I wonder if Synta are using different paints on different parts of the assembly, with different degrees of yellowing as they age?

I'm seriously thinking about "Pimping my scope".

Sounds like a plan for a new show on Discovery ... "Pimp my Scope". Blingin' :D

I know I'm a little late, as the thread seems to have strayed into craziness, but my new EQ6 Pro is, I would say, a little off-white.

It may also be affected by what light you are viewing the mount under. If you're looking at your EQ6 next to you in a tungsten-lit room, it's going to look more yellow/cream than the other EQ6 mounts you saw at a shop under fluorescent lights, or a star party under late afternoon daylight.

thats alright bud ive had it out all morning playing with gears and getting artistic with spay paint i gave it a good clean up as well and still its a slightly of white bordline cream i dont mind i can live with it i would care if it was pink its such a wicked mount lol i just wondered coz every other ive seen is bright white

Archived