Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

POLAR ALIGNMENT HELP

LITTLE COL

ok guys so now i can polar align off polaris for about 3 hours on the clock drive , but unsure what not to touch if i want to go to cassiopeia , which dials can i move and which can i not move , also i know i cannot move the tripod!!!

your help is appreciated as i want to take some pics ( not dslr ) just slr and don't want to go through film without any chance of some pics !!

cheers col

:wink:

I dont understand what you are asking. Once you have polar aligned your mount you just point your telescope to whereever you want to look. The polar alignment means that the clock drive will keep whatever you are looking at in the eyepiece (or camera film plane)

There are no dials to move unless you mean setting circles?

Hey Col

Once you have polar aligned, you are free to move the mount in both DEC and RA. Polar aligning aligns the DEC axis of the mount itself, not the DEC position.

And no, don't touch the tripod OR the altitude and azimuth dials.

:wink:

Archived