NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Plenty of solar action this morning

Andrew1972

Had a quick look before work and the limb is certainly a bit lively this morning with several proms including the remnants of a large one. Wish I didn't have to go to work as it's a perfect morning to watch things develop :D. Hopefully somebody will be able post some pics though.

Hi Andrew,

I just wanted to post this news, you were quicker than me ! I have to be at work as well unfortunately. Nevertheless I took my Lunt 60mm double-stack with me, so I could watch this spectacle for half an hour in my lunch pause.

cheers,

Janos

It was about 7 BST this morning when I had a look and it was definitely the best views I've had through my PST since double stacking it. The proms were very clear and the surface detail and large filament on the disc were really well defined. Could only manage a 10 minute look and really didn't want to go to work! It clouded over late morning so no chance of another look this afternoon but the forecast is looking good for tomorrow so I may have to take advantage of flexi time and start work a little later. :D.

Nice activity again on the sun this morning with plenty of proms and a large filament(s?) that looked like a pair of eyebrows! Showed up well again in the PST (I seem to get better views early in the morning).

Archived