Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

1000d max useable sub time?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh yes...

Otherwise I couldnt go beyond about 120s... I have two sodium lights within 20 feet of the obs...

First weapon of choice is the Hutech IDAS P2 followed by the Astronomik CLS-CCD also got a few others including a Lumicon Deep Sky and the budget Neodymium etc...

It was one sub of many from this image... 9h 9m worth a mic os ISO 800 and 1600

M27_9h9m_800.jpg

Same data more traditionally processed without tryign to bring out the extrended Ha Halo

M27-Traditional_800.jpg

Peter...

Hi Johnrt, your 10min sub, what imaging OTA did you use and did you use a LP filter or something?

It's a skywatcher 150p and I just used a Astronomic CLS clip filter on the 1000d.

Im still waiting to get my 20min subs, too much cloud at the moment :D

Though I have decided to go lightweight, ditch the 150p Newt and use the 2 fraccys (ED80 and the ST80). At least that way there will be less of a chance of things going wrong with the guiding (the newt + ED80 was a bit too much I think).

Also noticed something on my mount (CG5 GT), the clutch lever (when engaged) always scrapes on the bottom of the DEC motor housing when in certain positions... which probably explains why it guides like a oil tanker on some parts of the sky.

Anyways, once i have the subs (hopefully tomorrow or fri) I will add them to the stack and post it (thats if the moon doesnt spoil things!).

• 3 weeks later...
Seeing as for both Darks and Bias NO LIGHT should be getting in it shouldn't make any difference... it needs to be there for the flats though if you take them... so might as well just leave it in...

Peter...

Thanks Peter, much appreciated.

Regards

Archived