NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC6992 in OIII

Kaptain Klevtsov

That's a good image CC, I would be pleased with that. 8)

I'm still learning the terminology but I assume that - '4 subs at 300secs' means 4 images with a combined time of 300secs - not 4 at 300secs apiece ?. ( 300 secs apiece would be going some for an unguided HEQ5! )

MD

I'm still learning the terminology but I assume that - '4 subs at 300secs' means 4 images with a combined time of 300secs - not 4 at 300secs apiece ?. ( 300 secs apiece would be going some for an unguided HEQ5! )MD

Hi MD

I am sure he means 4 subs @ 300 seconds each thats only 5 mins each and looks to be just

right for the little amount of trailing in this image.

Nice one CC

I'm still learning the terminology but I assume that - '4 subs at 300secs' means 4 images with a combined time of 300secs - not 4 at 300secs apiece ?. ( 300 secs apiece would be going some for an unguided HEQ5! )

MD

No 300 seconds each. 5 minutes per frame. They are quite good these HEQ5 thingys if you are lucky enough to get Polaris right in the middle of the little circle.

At 75 seconds each there's nothing on the camera at all, even without a narrowband filter.

Captain Chaos

Nice image, CC! Almost looks like you could have captured the other half at this image scale. Very nice!

I would have if I'd had the laptop to find out if there was anything in the image and which way to rotate the camera / slew the mount. Now that shouldn't happen anymore (see Workbench). There's always another time.

Captain Chaos

Archived