Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Holes In A Haatman Mask??

Greg

After downloading the handy little program that Phil kindly linked to in an earlier thread I made up some masks for my scopes out of old mouse mats!

Print off the template, stick it on a mouse mat and cut out the holes with a craft knife! Et voila :wink:

Now here's the question, the program allows you to input up to 5 holes...So what's the best configuration 2, 3, 4, or ....5 holes??

And another question.....Triangular or circular??

All these desisions...I won't be able to sleep in work tonight :shock:

Having tried both, I think the triangular ones work better. they give a nice, sharp "snap" to the focus while the round ones are still a bit indistinct. Just be sure you line them up all in the same plane when laying it out. Pretty easy to do, really. Just start with a large triangle and cut out the ends.

Sorry astroman, quick question...

Do you mean a large equalaterial triangle and then cut out the corners - so providing that each of the smaller triangles are equalaterial as well you have three identical triangles...?

Ant

Just needed to clarify and get that straight in my head, your explanation was clearly very good cause a dumb ass like me got the drift! :wink:

Whats your first language then? Your spelling is better than mine...

Ant

Of course - how silly of me. I did wonder I've seen you picture and didin't think you looked "native" :wink:

Cheers for the advice though mate - I already have the raw materials to make one. Just didn't want to go cutting things up and get it wrong!

Ant

Archived