Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

knobs and wheels

ponytale

They are a good company, I bought my obsy wheels from them.. quick delivery too

Guy..

Do they accept small orders ? - I'm looking to buy just 3 knobs from them.

:D

Which were you after?

I'm after 3 like this in M6 fitting, drilled through (plastic with metal inserts would do):

J.W. Winco, Inc. - Knurled Nuts

And two like this, also M6, 30mm length:

J.W. Winco, Inc. - Wing Screws with Threaded Stud

The top 3 are for the collimation bolts on my OO 10" newtonian and the bottom 2 are 2 replace the dovetail clamp bolts on my alt-az mount.

I'm after 3 like this in M6 fitting, drilled through (plastic with metal inserts would do):

J.W. Winco, Inc. - Knurled Nuts

And two like this, also M6, 30mm length:

J.W. Winco, Inc. - Wing Screws with Threaded Stud

The top 3 are for the collimation bolts on my OO 10" newtonian and the bottom 2 are 2 replace the dovetail clamp bolts on my alt-az mount.

hi John

I used threaded rod connectors (same size) for my primary adjusters - see http://stargazerslounge.com/diy-astronomer/104153-shanes-knobs.html - scroll down a bit.

cheap as chips and work well.

I have two M6 thumbscrews you could have but unfortunately the thread is only 15mm long. They are plated steel shaft and a plastic head about 23mm diameter. I got these from Astroboot at Scopes N Skies. I think they had more. Would these not be strong enough?

Thanks for the links and suggestions Peter and Shane,

I'm in no rush so I'll keep on looking but thanks for the ideas. Scopes n Skies have some M6 20mm T knobs on the Astroboot now so perhaps I'll try a couple of those.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived