NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Bright object in the sky......

Kerrp30

no not the sun!!

Last night around 9:15pm GMT, I looked west and in the blue sky was a bright naked object in the blue sky.

I could not see the sun as it was behind the houses but this other object was the only bright thing in the sky.

Any idea what it was.

Paul

In Stellarium's settings, you can try increasing the amount of light pollution until what it displays matches what you see with the naked eye. I usually turn the light pollution off, as I'm interested to see what's there rather than what I can see, but it's nice sometimes to have the option to get a view of what I see by eye.

seen it tonight again at 22.30 ish i think, anyways i checked on heavens above and it was round about that time so it would have been, seen something about 15mins after, similar, near lyra, flared up for a few seconds, moving satellite speed....maybe a iridium, maybe not

rich

Archived