Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Which Canon Body? sub £500

Which Canon Body would you get for no more than £500.

New or Used.

Usage will be mostly Luna work, at Prime focus.

Ill be looking to move up to eyepiece projection, Planetary no DSO until i get the hell outa this city LOL

What's wrong with your D60 may I ask? I would think it has plenty of potential for Lunar work. It's when you go up to DSO's when Canon's benefit from variety of supporting hardware and firmware over Nikons etc. imho

Marius

The lack of a live view makes focus the Nikkon a pain, and as the mirror wont lock its an extra problem giving a little shake to the image.

Removing both these issues will be great :D

Ill sell the Nikon after to cover a chunk of the costs of the Canon.

I have checked ebay on the 1000D and i found this deal

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CANON-EOS-REBEL-XS-EOS-1000D-DIGITAL-SLR-CAMERA-KIT-4GB-/380227563055?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CamerasPhoto_DigitalCameras_DigitalCameras_JN&hash=item5887542e2f

The lack of a live view makes focus the Nikkon a pain, and as the mirror wont lock its an extra problem giving a little shake to the image.

Removing both these issues will be great :D

Ill sell the Nikon after to cover a chunk of the costs of the Canon.

I have checked ebay on the 1000D and i found this deal

CANON EOS REBEL XS EOS 1000D DIGITAL SLR CAMERA KIT+4GB on eBay (end time 04-May-10 18:31:59 BST)

I cant say my Lunar shots have suffered too badly with my old Nikon D70.

I now have a Nikon D90 and have never used the live view yet.

Focussing can be a pain and it can make or break the end result which ever camera you end up using.

Paul

Essentially the Canon 1000D and 450D are the same camera (a couple of minor changes). The 1000D is about 100 quid cheaper. It will perform pretty much just as well as the 450D.

I bought the 450D because it is slightly more bulkier and heavier and suits my shovel hands more then the 1000D did when i tested them both in the shop.

You cant go wrong with either. You save a few quid with the 1000D...............so that seems to be the obvious choice.

Archived