Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from cloudy Scotland

SpaceDoggity

Hello Earthlings,

I'm Drew, a chef living in Edinburgh. I'm a relative newcomer to astronomy, though having my head in the clouds for quite some time,

just been stargazing for a few months and trying to learn as much as I can. I think listening to Astronomy Cast has given me the bug

and finally pushed me to finally buy a telescope.

Having done a bit of research, I'm going to take the plunge and get a 6" Dobsonian (Skyliner 150p) on Friday.

I'm hoping this recent spell of blanket cloud clears and I get to put in some quality time with my new scope.

See you around the forums,

Drew:)

Hey Euan, nice to know there's some locals on the board!

There's just something so soothing about Cain & Gay's voices, 213 episodes won't take long to get through.

Really diggin your mini observatories, the images your getting are just stunning!

Thanks for all the warm welcomes, folks.

I've been enjoying looking around you site, tho its been ripping the patience from me!

Going to head into town today and see about picking up my 'scope despite the slim to

non existent chance of clear skies round here.. best to just get started!

SpookyKatt - Small world, I'm also based in Leith!

Astro_Baby - Have been reading up on star parties and ooh, they look like fun!

Will have to keep an eye out for some in the future.

Archived