Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What else do I need for AP

Hi,

I have a Celestron CPC800 scope, Canon 500d Camera, Netbook PC for live view and focus help. I also have a baader Hyperion 17mm EP. I would like to do the following attach the camera to the scope with no eyepiece. I would also like to attach the camera to the Badder EP as well.

So what do I need? any advice welcome.

I wish they badder crowd would hurry up and make some of these zoom EP's so I could do more viewing as well as AP.

Paul

You just need a 1.25" or 2" to EOS adaptor ( or a 1.25" / 2" to T thread adaptor plus a T2 EOS adaptor) this will allow you to mount the DSLR body ( remove the camera lens) directly on the scope.

I'd don't recommend using eyepiece projection.

A good x2 or x3 Barlow placed before the camera body will increase the magification for the moon; alternatively adding a x0.63 reducer will help with deep sky objects.

Ken

You can get a double threaded ring for the 17mm ep which fits it to an EOS T-adapter. Badder do a 24mm to 8mm zoom which is very nice (crisp, sharp, no noticeable reflections, good eye relief, etc) but you'd need a different 'T' to zoom adapter cos it's a wider thread.

The Baader website should have precise details or google the Teleskop site who sell almost everything Baader. Also Green Witch are very good on Baader advice and getting the bits.

Cheers ;)

Badder do a 24mm to 8mm zoom which is very nice (crisp, sharp, no noticeable reflections, good eye relief, etc)

Like Kerrp30 and probably many others, I'm still waiting for Baader to produce more of these... they seem to have been unavailable to buy for about six months now, at least. Word from on-high seems to be that it may be due to a change in design, and they've stopped producing the current one until the new one is ready.

Hmmm.... Another sgl'er who I met a Kelling last week managed to buy a Baader zoom from a trade stand - but my memory's terrible these days. I'll try and find out where he got it for you and post here if I'm successful.

Cheers ;)

Thanks, I'd be much obliged! I've already missed a few that were sold here second-hand... most frustrating to see it listed, only to open the thread and read "SOLD! Mods, please move to completed!". ;)

The trader my friend got it from is "Modern Astronomy". Hope they have some left for you - I understand they had a couple for sale at Kelling - but I've no idea what their postal service is like.

All the best ;)

The trader my friend got it from is "Modern Astronomy". Hope they have some left for you - I understand they had a couple for sale at Kelling - but I've no idea what their postal service is like.

All the best ;)

Email sent and will also call tomorrow, fingers and everything else crossed:)

Archived