Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M51 with the kit behaving.

Ant

I've been getting frustrated latey with stuff doing stuff that it shouldn't...

Turns out that I have a couple of hardware (USB related) issues and a software setting that prevented any "South" commands being sent to the mount.

I spent a nice evening with Jon and Steve, and we actually (I say we, I mean steve) found them one by one...

So the long and short of it is that I am now back to having things that work and I managed to guide for several hours with only minimal movement.

This image is 13 x 5m, 1 x 10, 1 x 15 and 1 x 20 minutes. Taken with the H9 / ED80 combo, with a CLS filter.

What with the moon and the high cloud, I could only count 12 stars and could even see all of the main stars of Ursa Major - so conditions were bad to say the least...

I took flats this morning - but I mucked them up, I took them in daylight and I think that the field illumination was uneven. But it did remove the dust bunnies - but still it made processing hard.

Might try again tonight if the high cloud buggers off.

Big thanks to Jon and Steve...;)

Ant

Lots of fine detail in there Ant, looks like you have the mechanics and electrics sorted now.

I can still see something going on at the bottom of the pic though on my monitor, it may be the flats (as you've described the problem) , or it could be just moonlight causing some light gradients in the pic. Looking forward to seeing how this develops though.

Steve..

I am so chuffed that you are out and imaging again, your cries for help sounded like Daz's cries about 18 months ago, and look at how his imaging and kit has progress since we got him sorted.

I am grinning from ear to ear, good job!

Archived