Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from the Isle of man

scaramanga

Hello everybody , been doing a lot of reading here the last week or so, lots of very knowledgable people which is good because I will probably have lots of questions, Im a reasonably experienced amatuer photographer so astrophotography will definately be on the cards, just bought my first proper scope after years of looking through bino's and pointing my rifle scope up to the sky at one in the morning ( doe'snt go down well with the neighbours that one) great optics on a schmitt & bender rifle scope I reckon LOL.

Good sky's here at night very little light pollution black as tarmac here soon as the street light go out after midnight so great viewing.

All the best

Hi everyone, thanks for the welcome, the isle of man is situated smack in the middle of the Irish sea , famous for motorsport and tax dodgers, and no there is no rise in crime once the street lights go out, Im on the north west side of the island in a small village called Ballaugh so it is probably darker on this side of the island than the rest and luckily for me my back garden faces right out onto very flat farmland making for a good alround view.

Hi folks,

I suppose Im very lucky in LP respect, it certainly has its advantages living here , but the general cost of living here is quite high in comparison to the UK, and you have to order everything you want to buy, I have just bought a Celestron Advanced C8-SGT-XLT , I would have liked to have bought it locally but not a chance in hell.

Im not sure wether they turn the street lighting out in Douglas or not I have'nt lived there for about 10 years now, I live virtually on Ballaugh bridge if that means anything to you John you will know it if you are a bike fan.

Archived