Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Comet 81P Wild

Hi,

Here's my quick effort at Comet 81P Wild, caught this evening as it rose above the house roof. Had real problems with my guiding recently, but just replaced the Skymax 90 with an ST80 and the guiding now seems so much better with the lower focal length guide scope. Unfortunately, the Power tank packed up after 8 exposures, but at least I got something! Hope you like it.

200P Skywatcher, 8 x 4 min exposures, 5 x darks, Canon 400D at prime focus, 800ASA, Deep Space Stacker.

post-16549-133877438575_thumb.jpg

Well, you caught it! Well done
Hmm. seen Starman's impressive pic posted about the same time as mine. As you say, at least I caught it!

Visually, I could only just make it out with a 25mm eyepiece and averted vision in the 200P.

nice pic Luke

would like to try view this

but after reading ur comment, dont think i'd spot it with my 127mm mak

James

No, it is pretty faint. Surprisingly difficult considering it is meant to be around mag. 9.5. Quite low in the sky, though.

Archived