Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

PS vs Maxim - Query on TIFF Images

Below are two images of the moon from last night. Both are taken from the same RAW image from the 350D. I opened the RAW image in Canon's Digital Photo Professional and saved it as 16 bit TIFF. I then opened the TIFF in Photoshop and re-saved as a JPEG (for posting) and did the same in Maxim.

So, my question is why does Maxim white-out the TIFF image so much, whereas PS doesn't???

post-12674-133877322178_thumb.jpg

post-12674-133877322189_thumb.jpg

I don't know about Maxim but Canons own Raw converter (left on auto) will read the image info file embedded in the original Raw file and adhere to that when converting to a Tiff. So, if the hi-lights were not blown at the time the picture is taken, the converted image will be fine.

James, Like me, you are probably thinking of the info saved with RAW files that is used by the RAW converter. Daz has already used the RAW converter to make a TIFF. He is wondering why that TIFF then looks different when opened in Photoshop and Maxim.

In truth, I am baffled :laugh:

Archived