Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Very clear night tonight in Stafford

solarwallace

First clear night in ages.

Just popped my baby scope outside for 20 mins then went out and got a good look at Saturn and two of it's moons. One slightly below the rings and one outside the plane of the rings. Good moments of clarity.

Too tired to do much observing as I've been out cycling again ... So get out there and tell me what you find :)

Steve

Its still nice and clear here, seeing is a bit dodgy, but the cameras are coping well with that :)

I use Stellarium (free) to find out which planetary moon is which, works a treat.

Clear in E. Lancs tonight, but darned cold after 4 weeks in the tropics........

just about managed the 406x with the 5mm Hyp + 2x TAL Barlow on Saturn, saw the 2 moons, but much better at 290 with Barlowed 7mm UWAN though. Mars still a waste of time to be honest, I'll need some planetary filters to do anything with Mars I recon.

Yup, clear in East Lincolnshire tonight.

I was looking look at Saturn as well and managed to see Titan and Dione, and with averted vision a hint of others at times. I also managed to see some banding on Saturn including a clear dark band above the rings and one below, a first for me...

Pretty good night so far, the first time its been clear all night for a little while now.

Gonna head off to bed for a couple of hours now, might need the sleep for work later :) but it has been a thoroughly enjoyable night.

Fantastic out there tonight I was also looking at saturn and managed to bag 7 moons at 23.45. Also found a few more galaxies in Virgo and Coma. All in all a great night.

It was clear as crystal here all night so I spent the whole time working on M51, and will be doing the same again tonight if it's clear again.

Just about to go to bed now, as I managed 2 hours sleep before having to head to the dentists for a triple root canal job....my mouth is numb at the moment....could have done without it this morning!!

Cheers

Rob

Last night was the best night in months for seeing. I was out star testing some gear which sat there for weeks waiting for the right conditions. Nights like this have been very rare of late.

Could be another good one tonight.

Clear Skies.

Glen.

Archived