Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

How good are Antares EPs?

I am trying to reduce the magnification of my Mak and with 1500mm it requires big Eps so wondered if Antares were any good as they are nicely priced. I have picked up a few Meade 4000 Super Plossls including the 32mm which is excellent but am now looking for a 40mm + with less cost! What does anyone think?

I am not sure how successful 40mm will be on your scope... I thinking you might get some central darkening (you certainly do on my 4" ETX105 Mak').

Has anyone tried a Skymax 127 with a 40mm?

Also, because of the ep fieldstop, the 40mm only shows 'slightly' more than the 32mm.

On the other hand, I have a secondhand Meade 40mm Super Plossl for sale - PM me if interested :laugh:

Much appreciated - I look forward to seeing how you get on.

Arthur mentioned the W70 - they don't go up to the sizes I wanted (at least at SNS) but they are in a sale at the moment if anyone's interested! 35-40 pounds.

I used a 32mm Antares on the mak... no problem. It can suffer from some blacking out if you move your eye from side to side too much. experience of steady viewing will help you there...

Hope your enjoying the scope.

Rob

:wink:

Archived