Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Galileo's Place

I'm in the UK, not the US and as such can't comment on the service from the shop but the prices seem a bit steep.

You can get a 8" Orion dob for $330 and they're asking $450 for just over 6".

Andrew

Hi cap603,

Welcome to the forum. :)

A quick look at their website leaves me a dubious. The 'scopes seem to be re-badged, low-end Chinese stuff and there's just too much marketing speak in the product descriptions for me to feel comfy.

I'd say avoid them and go to a reputable supplier like Agena AstroProducts. Or you could try one of the bigger suppliers like Orion Telecopes & Binoculars or OPT.

I can vouch for Agena, but can't speak for the others apart from saying that their websites give a more "wholesome" feeling.

HTH

For scopes, Orion brand (Orion Telescopes: Save on Telescopes & Binoculars! - Telescope.com) is also very good and they have excellent dobs and the cheapest Push-To system for dobs.

Agena (Agena AstroProducts - Telescopes, Eyepieces, Binoculars and Accessories for the Astronomy Enthusiast with FREE US Shipping) haves great prices and service on accessories. Their own brand EPs are nice and cheap and they also supply other brands, such as baader and antares at a good price.

The last time I saw a Galileo brand telescope was on QVC a number of years ago. (don't ask me why I was watching QVC). I wasn't very impressed by the sales pitch or the telescopes on sale. I would recommend a know quality brand such as Orion or Celestron from a reputable dealer.

Peter

Archived