Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

DSLR on Orion CT

Astroscot2

Over the last few weeks ive had a go at taking some images with a

modified Canon 1000d on my CT10 newt.

Must say Ive enjoyed not having the hassle of wires everywhere and to ease of use of a OSC, got me thinking that a dedicated OSC CCD may be on the cards for next year. but which one ?

These images are really first's, guiding is a lot more critial than with the fsq and the slightest breeze you loose a 10 min sub, the tube protrudes a little out of the observatory.

Not a great amount of detail and the images needed quite a tug in curves so a bit noisey.

M51 is approx 1 hour of 10 min subs and M106 approx 2 hours 10 min subs.

I dont think im really going to get a chance to test this combination until Aug.

post-12757-133877434802_thumb.jpg

post-12757-133877434809_thumb.jpg

Great.

Nice and pin-sharp.

Are you using a coma corrector?

What are your impressions of the CT newt?

I'm looking very seriously at one of the big ones as they seem like really good instruments.

Cheers

Rob

Hello Rob, yes im using a coma corrector. Im very impressed with the build quality of the CT10,I was quite worried initally as OO are renowned for their optics and not normaly their mechanics, Its well put together, looking through it visually the views are stunning too. The CT10 is the largest I could fit in my observatory and what I would concider max for the G11.

Archived